TeraFlex CRD60 axles are the original Jeep specific off road axle - we set the industry standard in 2002 and have never looked back. The CRD60 introduced off road specific solutions and revolutionary axle technology that has become an industry standard. Unique features such as a rotated cover line, smooth high clearance surfaces, integrated suspension mounting points, oversized bearings, and increased oil flow were specific areas of needed change that TeraFlex introduced to the off road industry. These advancements have since been assimilated by the off road industry. Over the years TeraFlex has proven to be at the forefront of innovation, becoming the most respected industry leader. The CRD60 has been engineered and designed for maximize protection, performance and durability.
- 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 04-06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited LJ
- TJ Front CRD60 Axle Assembly w/5.13 Gear Ratio And ARB Locker
- The Tera CRD60 provides an integrated top mounting pad reinforced for 4-link suspension.
- Exclusive Constant Radius Design provides high ground clearance that is unaffected by pinion angle adjustments.
- Increased rib gussets strengthen the housing to eliminate deflection under high load.
- Heavy duty bearing caps also help to increase rigidity through the bearings and carrier to reduce ring and pinion distortion.
- The CRD60 has a built in skimmer that cuts the ring gear oil halo and forces oil into the pinion bearings.
- The CRD60 front pinion bearing pocket has a renewable oil reservoir that replenishes as you drive and keeps a fresh reserve of oil that constantly bathes the pinion bearing in cooled oil.
- The high capacity housing acccomodates over 3 quarts of gear oil ensuring operation for extended highway driving.
- The oversized front pinion bearing is designed to easily handle the increased torque conditions resulting from high load conditions.
- TeraFlex CRD60 Axles Feature A 1 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty Against Defects
- As part of the hand-built production process, axle tubes are machined for a precise fit prior to being pressed into the housing.
- All 1/4 inch axle brackets are located in jig fixtures to ensure correct suspension mounting to maintain factory suspension geometry.
- They are then welded in place by certified in house TeraFlex crafstmen.
- The preparation process prior to final coating involves a surface hardening media blasting to remove all oils and contaminants.
- A chemical etching process and a Premium UV protected triple-stage powder coat to keep the axle resistant from all environmental conditions.